A boy holds an Egyptian flag during a protest marking the first anniversary of Egypt’s uprising at Tahrir square during in Cairo January 25, 2012. [REUTERS/Mohamed Abd El-Ghany]
Remembering #Jan25: Days of Rage and Dignity. The Egyptian revolution really isn’t over, but the eighteen days of rallying and demonstrating across Egypt starting on 25 January 2011 that ultimately ousted longtime dictator Mubarak deserve an incredible amount of celebration.
Here is a photographic retrospective of those eighteen days, shot by some of the best. I will never fail to be blown away by the images of the demonstrations in Tahrir.
- Yannis Behrakis/Reuters. 1/30/2011.
- Nasser Nasser/AP. 1/25/2011.
- Peter Macdiarmid/Getty. 2/1/2011.
- Lefteris Pitarakis/AP. 2/1/2011.
- Ed Ou/NYT. 2/1/2011.
- Hannibal Hanschke/EPA. 2/2/2011.
- Moises Saman/NYT. 2/11/2011.
- Felipe Trueba/EPA. 2/11/2011.